OverviewOur state-of-the art campus has been designed and built from the ground up to maximise students’ potential for learning. Every element has been carefully specified to contribute to a school environment that is dynamic, engaging and learning focused.
Our facilities reflect our aim of providing our pupils with a broad and balanced IB Curriculum educational and communal experience, and include:
- An extremely well-resourced library building
- Healthy food choices canteen building
- Double volume air-conditioned sports hall
- Multi-purpose PE studios
- Temperature-controlled swimming pool
- Large floodlit sports field
- Two outdoor tennis courts
- 400-seat auditorium building
- Eight science labs
- Fully equipped ICT, art & design and music studios
- Extensive shaded walkways throughout the entire campus
- Well-equipped playground areas
Our uniquely shaped and designed school auditorium has a centralised stage and can seat up to 400 people.
Our school proudly offers eight fully-equipped science laboratories, two for each of the four sciences – chemistry, physics, biology, and general science.
Smaller Class Sizes
At Dar Al Marefa, every class is limited to 24 students. This helps each child receive individual attention, increases their participation and creates a better flow of communication between the teacher, the student and their peers.
Our centralised library building is home to an extensive selection of resources, available across books and digital formats. Here, we support the development of students’ literacy skills and encourage them to take up reading as a hobby. The library subscribes to a range of online general and specialised resources and periodicals. The library also features a designated study space with computers and internet access to facilitate research work.
Art & Design Technology
Our purpose-built art and design studios allow students to explore a wide variety of art and design techniques, including printmaking, painting, sculpture and drawing.
Each of our computer labs uses the latest software as well as a range of 3D printers, giving students access to some of the newest industry technology and tools.
Our custom-designed studio spaces support the teaching of music for the curriculum. A wide variety of additional musical extracurricular activities are offered through lunch time and after-school clubs.
As one of the top IB schools in Dubai, Dar Al Marefa gives students the opportunity to enjoy sports and exercise all-year through, even in the summer. Our indoor air-conditioned sports facilities, include a fully equipped gymnasium and a large double volume sports hall that can be used for a variety of activities, such as:
- Wall climbing
- Table tennis
- Swimming Pool
A healthy lifestyle starts with basics like making the right food choices. Dar Al Marefa cafeteria offers the students a healthy menu with local, sustainable ingredients and dishes that are tasty and affordable.
The nutrition teachings students learn about in class are put into practice in our cafeteria, helping to positively influence their food choices at school, and home, and when out in the wider community.
- Provide an enjoyable, nutritious and attractively presented selection of food and drinks at reasonable prices
- Help reduce health risk factors by encouraging the development of good eating habits
- Provide students with practical experience of making healthy food choices that reinforce classroom lessons
- Demonstrate high standards of hygiene in relation to the preparation, storage and serving of food
School Bus Transport
Dar Al Marefa offers safe bus transport to and from school, for students who require it. Please speak to our RTA representative to arrange your child’s pick up and drop off.
Meeting the Bus
When meeting the bus, students must:
- Be accompanied by a parent/guardian to and from designated waiting area
- Arrive at least five minutes before the regular pick up time
- Not engage in play or other activities that will endanger themselves or their companions while waiting for the bus
- Board the bus in an orderly manner
Riding the Bus
During the journey, students must:
- Follow the instructions of the bus driver and bus assistant
- Sit in their assigned seat, remain seated and wear seatbelts (where fitted) throughout the journey
- Keep the aisles and walkway clear at all times
- Be part of and create a positive behaviour environment
Leaving the Bus
When disembarking, students must:
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a full stop
- Get off the bus in an orderly manner
- Only cross the road at the front of the bus
Please note that no change will be made to the bus route without the approval of the RTA and School management.